- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Coralie’s Mitts are pretty fingerless mitts, knitted with a delicate textured stitch, featuring a large band of 1/1 ribs that keep them in place around your wrist, and a foldableedge around the fingers. Indeed, this pattern has been especially designed for Coralie, a violonist friend with whom Julie has exchanged gifts in a swap. Julie wanted to take care of her artist’s hands and created these mitts, that can both keep her hands warm or free Coralie’s fingers when needed. Something that can be enjoyed by everyone, whether you are an artist or not! A quick and practical little project, you can knit them in a large range of yarns, as you can see on the Ravelry page of the pattern.
As for the wonderful photos on this page, we have to thank Coralie for them!
These mitts are knitted in the round, beginning with a tubular cast-on on the wrist side. As for the asymetrical flap on the fingers side, you will knit it using short rows and finish with a stretchy bind-off. All the techniques used in the pattern are explained in it.
This listing is for a knitting pattern (pdf) for Coralie’s Fingerless Mitts (in French and in English).
- S-M-L for a finished circumference of 16-18-20 cm
- 23 stitches and 34 row = 4’’ in stockinette stitch in the round
- Textured stitch in the round
- 1/1 rib in the round and flat
Yarn & Notions:
- 1 skein of Malabrigo Finito (100% merino) or 1 skein of Cashmere DK Lotus Yarns, or 180 m/195 yds of any other DK yarn with which you get the correct gauge
- 1 circular needle or DPNs in the size necessary to get gauge (suggested size: 3.75 mm / US#5)
- 1 crochet, same size
- 3 stitch markers
- Scrap yarn for provisionnal cast on and to put stitches on hold