- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Eucalan – No Rinse Delicate Wool Wash 500ml
How to take good care of the projects we spent hours creating? By using an adequate soap to wash them of course! And thanks to Eucalan no rinse delicate wash, your woollens will stay beautiful for a long time.
Indeed, this detergent has been designed to clean thouroughly your most delicate clothes, all the while enhancing the beauty of the fibers. Its formula contains lanolin, that acts as a natural conditioner. This way, the fibers keep their softness and elasticity. Plus it has anti-static properties. Actually, you can use it to wash all your most delicate pieces of clothing: silk, mohair, cotton… Event your lingerie will love it!
Moreover, this wool wash is low-sudsing, so it does not need to be rinsed. When it comes to woollens, this is a real advantage. First, rinsing is usually the moment when you accidentally felt your favourite sweater. And no rinse means that the scent of essential oils stay on the wool, which is quite a good thing as our biggest enemies, aka moths, are not a great fan of lavender or eucalyptus scents.
What you need to know about this delicate wash:
- No rinse
- Biodegradable and non-toxic, does not contain any phosphates, bleach or synthetic fragrance
- Capacity: 500 ml (about 100 washings by hand, or 35 washes in machine)
- you can use a pump to dispense the perfect amount of product (available ici)
- Available in several versions: unscented, or scented with essential oils of grapefruit, lavender, jasmine or eucalyptus
- pH neutral
- can be stored up to 5 years in normal conditions
Composition of the wool wash:
- Purified water
- Ammonium Lauryl Sulphate (plant-based soap)
- Ammonium Chloride (thickener, salt of ammonia)
- Cocamide MEA (plant-based foaming agent)
- Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose (plant-based thickener)
- PEG 75 Lanolin (naturally derived from lanolin)
- Essential oils (except for the unscented version) : eucalyptus, lavender, grapefruit and jasmine
- Methylchloroisothiazolinone (antibacterial and preservative)
Note: please do not use this wash if you are allergic or hypersensitive to any of its components, such as lanolin or essential oils for example.
Eucalan no rinse wool wash is an interesting alternative to “classical” laundry detergents, if you wan to keep your woollens and delicate clothes for a long time. And when you think about how long it takes to knit a sweater or cardigan… it becomes an evidence! And if you are looking for something even more ecological, maybe you can try Amandine’s soaps? Handcrafted, they are solid soaps, last for a long time and have almost no packaging. Your choice!
And if 500ml seems like a lot comparing to what you actually need, or if you just want to try several scents, you can find Eucalan wash in 100 ml bottles here 😉