- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Béguin de Printemps
Béguin de Printemps is a pretty little baby hat. With its neat finishes and delicate details, it will keep your baby’s head warm all the while making them even cuter! You can knit it in solid colour, but also play with different shades to customize it. Make stripes, a contrasting hem, or even use some liberty bias binding instead of knitting an i-cord… The Ravelry page of the pattern offers several hundreds projects to inspire you! There is even a “little strawberry” one, too cute for words. And if you want a matching set, we also offer a little cardigan: Semis de Printemps.
This hat can be knitted with straight or circular needles. You will begin with a provisional cast-on to create a picot hem, and finish with an i-cord that will create the laces you need to tie it.
This listing is for the free knitting pattern (pdf) of the little hat Béguin de Printemps (in French and in English).
- 1/3 mths – 6/9 mths – 12/18 mths – 2/3 yrs to fit a head circumference of 40-43-46-50 cm
- 22 stitches and 31 rows = 10 cm/4’’ in simple seed stitch
- Stockinette stitch
- Simple Seed Stitch
Yarn & Notions:
- 1 ball (50 g./125 m.) of Lil Wiiiz by Lil Weasel (100% merino – 125m / 50g), here shown in the Figue colorway, or approx. 70 80-100-130 meters of any other DK yarn that will give you the right gauge
- Straight or circular needles to get gauge (suggested size: 3.5 mm/US #4).
- Straight or circular needles, one size smaller (suggested size: 3 mm/US #2)
- Scrap yarn for provisional cast-on
Note: all the techniques used in the pattern are explained in details.