- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Oscar is a little “grandpa” cardigan, comfortable, with a vintage look. With its big shawl collar and its textured stitch, it will keep even the most wiggly little ones warm! First designed for a little boy, Oscar is also perfect for little girls. And it looks so cute on the babies and toddlers! You will want to knit one in every size so that your child can wear it at every step of his young life. Just take a look at the Ravelry page of the pattern! And if you use a heavy weight yarn, you will even be able to use it on its own, as a little coat, in spring and autumn weather.
This cardigan is knitted from the bottom up, with raglan sleeves. The collar is attached to the body without picking up stitches nor seaming.
This listing is for the knitting pattern (pdf) of the baby and children cardigan Oscar (in French and in English).
- 19 stitches x 28 rows = 10 cm in seed stitch
- 3/6 months, 6/12 months, 12/18 months [18/24 months, 2/3 ys, 3/4 ys, 5/6 ys, 7/8 ys]
Yarn & Notions:
- 2-3-3 [3-4-4-4-5] skeins of Malabrigo Rios (100% merino – 192m. / 100g.), here in the Teal Feather colorway, or of MCN DK by Flying Colors (80% merino, 10% cashmere, 10% nylon – 212m. / 100g.), here in the Long Nights colorway, or approx. 350-400-450 [500-580-650-700-800] meters of any DK or Worsted weight yarn that gives you the right gauge
- Circular needles that give you gauge (suggested size: 4.5mm)
- Circular needles one size down (suggested size: 4mm)
- 3, 3, 3 [4, 4, 4, 4, 5] buttons (approx. 17mm)
- 10 stitch markers