- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
n e o n
Neon is a cute little short sleeves sweater, that will give you the opportunity to satisfy your children’s craving for everything neon without having to knit an entire piece of it! Simple and effective, its cuddly garter stitch makes it really comfortable. An unpretentious basics, but with beautiful finishes such as its buttoned tab, to be worn in the front or the back, or its sleeves cuffs. And of course, THE detail that changes everything: its contrasting edges! The Ravelry page of the pattern will give you some ideas of colour associations. You will even find a few striped ones!
Easy to knit, this sweater is the perfect pattern to begin knitting garments. A quick knit, its round collar is created thanks to a few short rows. Its finishes add a little fun for the most experimented knitters, and an opportunity to acquire new skills for the beginners.
This listing is for the knitting pattern (pdf) of the baby and children sweater Neon (in French and in English).
- 6 months, 12 months, 18 months [2 years, 4 years, 6 years, 8 years, 10 years]
- 19 stitches x 40 rows = 10 cm in garter stitch
Yarn & Notions:
- 3-4-4 [5-6-7-8-9] skeins of Debbie Bliss Rialto DK (100% merino – 105m / 50g) or approx. 330-380-440 490-600-710-820-930yds / 300-350-400 450-550-650-750-850 m. of any DK weight yarn that gives you the right gauge
- A few yards/meters of contrasting yarn, of the same weight or a bit bigger, here shown in The Plucky Knitter Primo Sport colorway «Tuscadero»
- Circular needles of the size you need to meet gauge (suggested size: 4.5mm)
- 5 buttons (approx. 1/4’’ or 11mm)
- Cable cast-on
- 3 needles bind-off
- Short rows
Note: all the techniques are detailed in the pattern.