- Kits & boxes
- Yarn weight
- Gift Card
Jules is a cute baby coat with a hood and a double breast buttoning. It is the complete version of Le Manteau de Lino (free recipe in size 9/12 months), that offers a larger set of sizes. It also features neater finishes, all the while keeping the comfy and cuddly quality of the original!
Knitted in garter stitch, our favourite stitch for baby clothes, Jules will become the main piece of your newborn’s wardrobe. For, how to resist this cute tasseled hood? Like most of our patterns, this cardigan can be easily customized. In fact, you will find on the Ravelry page of this pattern tons of ideas to inspire you… With or without the hood, in solid colour or with contrasting borders, colorblock or with stripes, you can knit one to match any other part of your baby’s wardrobe!
This coat is knitted from one sleeve to the other, in one piece. Stitches are then picked up around the neckline to knit the hood.
This listing is for the knitting pattern (pdf) of the baby coat Jules (in French and in English).
- 1 mth-3 mths-6 mths [12 mths-18 mths-2 yrs-4 yrs]
- 17 stitches and 32 rows = 10 cm / 4’’ in garter stitch
- Garter stitch
Yarn & Notions:
- 3-4-4 [4-5-5-6] skeins of Malabrigo Twist (100% merino – 137m. / 100g.) or Cash Aran by Mellifera Yarns (80% merino, 10% cashmere, 10% nylon – 165m. / 100g.), or 400-450-500 [540-570-600-700] meters / 438-493-547 [591-624-657-766] yards of any other aran weight yarn that will give you the right gauge
- Circular or straight needles to get gauge (suggested size: 5.5mm/US #9)
- 4 buttons (approx. 20 mm/3/4’’)
- 1 stitch marker