- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Fleur de Badiane
Fleur de Badiane is a little wrap cardigan with just a whisper of lace on the edgings. It is knitted beginning with the back up to the front, then picking up stitches for the sleeves. The lace edging gives the cardigan a neat finish. The pattern has been inspired by the beautiful Graine de Laine’s Badiane yarn, that has such a delicate sheen that it makes everything you knit with it feel special and luxurious.
Fleur de Badiane, which means Star Anise Flower in French, is a cute little wrap cardigan for baby and little girls. Its pretty lace edging gives a delicate feel to it. Easy to put on, it stays in place thanks to hidden snap buttons. Absolutely irresistible on the little ones, it will bring a touch of elegance even to the most casual outfits of the young girls. Choose a yarn that match the style you want to give it! Indeed, even if it has been inspired by the softness and luxurious feel of a cashmere and silk blend, it will be as gorgeous in a merino yarn. Or why not a mohair blend, to make it ultra-cuddly? Just take a look at the Ravelry page of the pattern to find inspiration!
This wrap cardigan is knitted in one piece, without seaming. You will begin by knitting the back, from the bottom to the top, before knitting both fronts from the top down. You will then pick up stitches to knit the sleeves. Finally, you will add the lace edging on the body, before ending with the finishes.
This listing is for the knitting pattern (pdf) of the baby and child wrap cardigan Fleur de Badiane (in French and in English).
- 3 months, 6 months, 12 months [18 months, 2 yrs, 4 yrs, 6 yrs, 8 yrs]
- 26 stitches x 34 rows = 10 x 10 cm of stockinette stitch, knitted flat
Yarn & Notions:
- 1, 1, 1 [2, 2, 2, 2, 2] skeins of Badiane by Graine de Laine (75% merino, 25% silk – 400m / 100g) or of Pimprenelle by Graine de Laine (100% merino – 400m / 100g) or approx. 300, 350, 400 [450, 500, 550, 650, 750] meters of any other fingering weight yarn that will give you the right gauge
- Straight or circular needles of the size you need to get gauge (suggested size: 3 to 4 mm)
- 1 snap button (or 1 button)