- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Lil Kimonos is a set of baby clothes, with a cute little wrap and its matching booties. The garter stitch wrap, closed using two ribbons, will keep your baby warm in a soft cocoon, easy to put on and to take off. Plus, it will let you use your cutest ribbons and bias bindings! You can even change them easily to match your mood or the rest of the cute garments you chose for them! But if you would rather use buttons, you just have to sew your favourites on. As for the booties, they will put a final touch to any outfit. And if you need some inspiration, there are hundreds of creations around this pattern on its Ravelry page!
The wrap is knitted from the top down, in one piece, beginning with the neckline, and can be made without seaming if you knit the sleeves in the round.
This listing is for the knitting pattern (pdf) of the Lil Kimonos wrap and booties set (in French and in English).
- For the wrap: XS Preemie – Preemie – Newborn-3m [6m-12m-18m-24m] for a final bust size of 32-36-40-44 [48 -52-54-58]cm/ 13-14-16-17 [19-20-21-23] inches
- For the booties: 0/3 months [3/6 months]
- 22 stitches by 39 rows = 10 cm or 4’’ in garter stitch
- Stockinette stitch
- Garter stitch
Yarn & Notions:
- 2-2-3-3 [4-4-4-5] balls or approx. 280-320-350-375 [400-450-500-550] meters/of Lil Wiiiz by Lil Weasel (100% merino – 125m. / 50g.), or any other DK weight yarn that will give you the right gauge
- Straight or circular needles to get gauge (suggested size: 4 mm/US#6).
- 60 cm/24’’ of bias binding or ribbon, or 2 buttons
- 8 stitch markers
- For the booties: needles one size smaller than for the wrap (suggested size: 3.5 mm/US#4)