- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Cute cardigan for baby or little girl, Starlette is a garter stitch basic pattern with some twists added! For example, its stockinette stitch raglan goes down on the sides, giving structure to the cardigan. Plus its slightly longer back adds a modern feel to a timeless garment. And can we talk about how cute the contrasting “secret” pockets are? The apparent simplicity of the pattern will also showcase the most beautiful yarn. Actually, its Ravelry page is quite a source of inspiration. Or why not copying our own sample by choosing a glittery yarn, that will make its little owner’s eyes sparkle?
This cardigan is knitted from the top down, in one piece, without seams.
This listing is for the knitting pattern (pdf) of the baby or little girl cardigan Starlette (in French and in English).
- 3 m- 6 m-12 m-2 y-4 y 6 y-8 y-10 y-12 y
- 24 sts and 42 rows = 10 cm/4’’ in garter stitch
- Garter Stitch flat and in the round
- Garter Rib 3/2 flat and in the round
Yarn & Notions:
- 1-1-1-2-2 2-2-3-3 skein(s) of Starlettes Fingering by (Vi)laines (75% wool, 20% nylon and 5% stellina, 400 m/100 g), col. «Les Tentacules d’Ursula» or approx. 260-300-380-480-520 620-750-850-1000 m of any other fingering yarn to meet gauge and 1 (Vi)laines yarnling col. «Les culottes de Charlotte» or approx. 20 m of any fingering yarn in a contrasting colorway
- Circular needles to meet gauge (suggested size: 3.5 mm/US#4)
- 8 stitch markers
- Scrap yarn or spare cables to put stitches on hold
- 5-5-5-5-5 7-7-7-7 buttons (or desired number)