- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Cool Summer is a light and easy-to-wear sweater for children. Its raglan sleeves bring a touch of originality all the while being quite easy to knit. As for its stripes, it will lend itself to all your child’s whims and fantasies! Neon? Rainbow? Fade? All their favourite colours in a single project? You will be able to knit them their dream sweater! And if you would rather stay more classical, why not a sailor one? Or even forget about the stripes and knit it all in one colour. After all, the raglan detail already gives it some style. You can take a look at the Ravelry page of the pattern and find there dozens of inspiring projects to fuel your creativity!
This sweater is knitted in one piece, from the bottom up, without seaming. You will begin by knitting the body and the sleeves separately. You will then join them before knitting the yoke, shoulders and collar in one piece.
This listing is for the knitting pattern (pdf) of the sweater for children Cool Summer (in French and in English).
- 12-18 months, 2yrs [4yrs, 6yrs, 8yrs, 10yrs, 12yrs]
for a chest measurement of 59-61 [65-70-74-79-82] cm / 23.5-24 [25.5-27.5-29.5-31-32.5]’’
Yarn & Notions:
- Main colour: 1-1 [2-2-2-2-3] skein(s) of The Plucky Knitter Primo Fingering (75% merino, 25% cashmere – 400m / 115g), here in the High Cotton colourway, or 330-380 440-550-660-770-880yds / 300-350 400-500-600-700-800 meters of any fingering weight yarn that gives you the correct gauge
- Contrasting colour: 1-1 1-1-1-1-1 skein(s) of MadelineTosh Merino Light (100% merino – 384m / 100g), here in the Edison Bulb colourway, or 170-200 [220-270-310-330-380] yds / 150-180 [200-250-280-300-350] meters of any other fingering weight yarn that gives you the correct gauge
- Circular needles to get the gauge (suggested size: 3.5 mm/US#4)
- If you don’t use magic loop: a set of DPN, same size
- 3 stitch markers + 1 different for BOR
Skills and Techniques:
- Knit in the round
- Twisted ribs
- Short rows
Note: a technical glossary is provided in the pattern.