- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Thistle is a cute little sweater for children and babies, with a practical buttoned collar and beautiful finishes. Its simple lines, highlighted by texture changes, make it an easy-to-wear basics. And even if we modeled it on a little guy, it will also be perfect on little girls! With our Grand Large and Petit Large sweater patterns, Thistle is part of the “Graine de Collection”, designed in collaboration with Graine de Laine. But you can knit it with other yarns and still have a beautiful result, as you can see on the Ravelry page of the pattern!
This sweater is knitted from the bottom up, without seams. You will shape the sleeves after picking up stitches, using short rows, thus creating a nice round shoulder.
This listing is for a knitting pattern (pdf) for the baby / children sweater Thistle (in French and in English).
- 6/9m-12m-18m [2-4-6-8-10] yrs, for a finished bust circumference of 54-58-60 62-66-70-74-78 cm or 21-23-24 24-26-28-29-31 inches
- 22 stitches x 29 rows = 10cm / 4’’ in stockinette stitch knit in the round
- Stockinette stitch knitted in the round
- Garter stitch knitted flat
Yarn & Notions:
- 2-2-2 [3-3-3-4-4] skeins or 350-400-450 [500-550-650-750-850] m./ 380-440-490 [550-600-710-820-930] yds of Marjolaine by Graine de Laine, (58% merino, 42% silk – 230m / 100g) or any other DK weight yarn that gives you a correct gauge
- Circular needles to get a correct gauge (suggested size: 4 mm/US#6).
- If you don’t use the magic loop technique, a set of DPNs or a small circular needle, same size.
- Buttons: 3 small ones (about 10mm) and a bigger one (about 20mm)
- Stitch markers
- Knit in the round
- 3 needles bind-off
- Short rows
Note : all the techniques are detailed in the pattern.