- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Back to Scowl
Back to Scowl is a soft and cozy cowl, your best friend to ward the cold! Its beautiful texture, using slip stitches, twisted rib and cables, makes it a pretty accessory to add to your wardrobe, but also a very interesting piece to knit. Easy to wear under a coat as well as on a sweater, you can use different yarn to knit it and create different styles. For example, a rustic blend of fibre will give you the perfect cowl to go on a hike in the wood… Whereas a light and airy blend will make it the ideal complement to a work outfit. You will find several inspiring creations on the Ravelry page of the pattern to give you ideas! And if you also knit the Back to Scholar matching hat, you will have a perfect duo to stay warm, in style!
This cowl is knitted from the bottom up, in the round, without seams. The stitch used and the cable instructions are both written and charted.
This listing is for the knitting pattern (pdf) of the Back to Scowl cowl (in French and in English).
- One Size Fits All
- Circumference at the base: 90 cm/35’’
- Circumference at the top: 70 cm/27’’
- 17 sts and 36 rows=10cm/4’’ in honeycomb stitch, with larger needles, in the round
- Twisted 1/1 rib
- Honeycomb stitch pattern
- Cabled braid
Yarn & Notions:
- 3 skeins of Baby Alpaca Chunky by Cascade Yarns (100% baby alpaca – 100m. / 100g.), or 2 skeins of Primo Aran by The Plucky Knitter (75% merino, 20% cashmere, 5% nylon – 183m. / 115g.), or approx 250m / 270 yds of any other aran weight yarn that will give you the right gauge
- Circular needle or DPNs to get gauge (suggested size: 5mm/US#8).
- 2 different stitch markers