- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Knitting Pattern : Mollie
Mollie is a pretty basic sweater, with a nice stitch pattern and careful finishes that lend it all its charm. Knitted with a medium weight yarn, it does not take too much time to be ready to wear. If you are looking for the perfect tv-knitting pattern, or for your very first sweater, you just found it! Plus, this pattern can be customized as you wish: with or without texture, in a solid colour or with stripes, in a warm yarn for winter, or a lighter one for summer, with a lot of drape or not… It is up to you to customize it and make it your own. And you can still take a look at its Ravelry page to find inspiration in the different projects linked there 😉
This sweater is knitted from the top down. You begin by knitting the yoke, up to the body – sleeves separation. Then the sleeves’ stitches are put on hold while you knit the body. Once it is done, you go back to the sleeves before knitting the collar and doing the finishes. No sewing involved!
This listing is for the knitting pattern (pdf) of the Mollie sweater (in French and in English).
- XS-S-M [L1-L2-XL-2XL-3XL] for a final bust size of 85-90-95 [100-105-115-125-135] cm (recommended ease: +4 to +7 cm)
- 22 sts and 34 rows = 10 cm/4’’ in stockinette stitch in the round
Yarn & Notions:
- 6-6-6 [7-7-8-9-9] balls of Semilla by BC Garn (100% organic merino, 160 m/50 g), col. 136 (nude) or approx. 850-900-950 [1000-1100-1200-1300-1400] m of any other sport or DK yarn to meet gauge
- Circular needle to meet gauge (suggested size: 4 mm)
- 6 stitch markers, including one to indicate the BOR
- Scrap yarn or spare cables to put stitches on hold