- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Little Trellis is a cute cardigan designed for little girls, with a beautiful lace pattern on the yoke. Its smart look will be perfect paired with a pretty dress, but also with a more casual outfit. With its timeless look and neat finishes, you can even use it as a basis for your own creation. Actually, you can find on its Ravelry page some wonderful adaptations that feature colorwork or a textured stitch. And if you fall in love with this pattern and dream of making one just for you… we have you covered with the adult version: Trellis!
This cardigan is knitted from the bottom up, in one piece, without seams. Then you pick up stitches at the armholes before shaping the sleeves using short rows. Finally, you will knit an i-cord edge.
This listing is for the knitting pattern (pdf) of the Little Trellis cardigan (in French and in English).
- 1-2-4 [6-8-10-12] yrs for a finished bust circumference of 56-58-62 [70-71-76-79] cm or 22-22.75-24.5 [27.5-28-30-31] inches
Stitch pattern used:
- Stockinette stitch
- Twisted 1/1 rib
- Diamond rib lace (charted only)
Yarn & Notions:
- 1-2-2 [2-3-3-3] skeins or 350-420-520 [650-750-850-950] m / 380-460-570 [710-820-930-1040] yds of Primo Fingering by The Plucky Knitter, here shown in the colorway Miss Manners, or of any other fingering weight yarn that will give you the correct gauge
- Circular needles to get the correct gauge (suggested size: 3 mm/US#21/2)
- If you don’t use the magic loop technique: a set of DPNs or a small circular needle (same size)
- 5 buttons (approx. 1/2’’ or 11mm, or the size of your choice)
- Stitch markers