- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Semis de Printemps
Semis de Printemps is a cute little cardigan for babies or girls, full of charming details. Its folded picot hem and delicately patterned raglan are the perfect complement to its textured stitch. Your older girls will pair it easily with a dress or a pair of jeans. And for the youngest, you can knit a cute matching Béguin de Printemps (free pattern). And if you have a hard time deciding which yarn or colour to use, its Ravelry page has several hundreds projects to inspire you!
This cardigan is knitted from the bottom up. You will first knit the body, beginning with the folded hem, up to the body-sleeves separation. Then, you will knit the sleeves before joining them to the body. And finally, the top of the cardigan, with its raglan and i-cord neckline.
This listing is for the knitting pattern (pdf) of the baby and children cardigan Semis de Printemps (in French and in English).
- 6 mths, 12 mths, 18 mths 2 yrs, 4 yrs, 6 yrs, 8 yrs, 10 yrs
- 21 stitches x 29 rows = 10 cm / 4″ in textured stitches
Yarn & Notions:
- 2-2-2 2-3-3-3-4 skeins of Physalis by Graine de Laine (100% merino – 250m / 100g), or 300-360-400 450-540-630-720-810m / 330-390-440 490-590-690-790-890yds of any DK weight yarn that gives you the correct gauge
- Straight or circular needles to get gauge (suggested size: 4mm/US#6)
- A hook, same size
- A pair of needles or circular needles 1 size smaller
- 3 buttons (approx. 15mm.)
- A few yards of scrap yarn for provisionnal cast-on
- 4 stitch markers
- Twisted stitch raglan
- Short rows for neck shaping
- Provisional cast-on
- Seamless folded picot hem
Note: all the techniques are detailed in the pattern.