- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
A Leaf Falls
A Leaf Falls is a cute hat with a delicate leaf lace pattern. The plumpness of the garter stitch underlines the lace, creating a beautiful balance between softness and finesse. Comfortable to wear, this hat will suit a baby’s head as well as an adult’s. And if you feel like it, there are instructions to knit a matching cowl too! Choose a really smooth yarn to show off the subtlety of the pattern, or on the contrary a slightly fluffy one to add some lightness to it… as you like it. And you can even add a cute pompom on the top! In fact, if you take a look at the Ravelry page of the pattern, you will find some really cute creations.
To achieve the best look and the most pleasant fit, we recommend to choose a size with a negative ease of 2 cm. But the stitches that are used allow a negative ease up to 5cm.
This listing is for the knitting pattern (pdf) of the A Leaf Falls hat (in French and in English).
- Baby/Child 1/Child 2/Adult 1/Adult 2 for a final circumference of approx. 38/43/48/53/58 cm-15/17/19/21/23”, to fit an approx. 40/45/50/55/60 cm – 15,7/17,7/19,7/21,7/23,6” head.
- 19 sts and 40 rows = 4” in garter stitch in the round, with larger needles
Yarn & Notions:
- 1 skein or 90/120/130/140/150 m – 100/130/140/150/160 yds of Lilou Lush (here shown in the colorway Innocence Lost) or Blue Sky Alpaca Suri Merino (here shown in the colorway 416-Meadow) or any other DK to worsted weight yarn to meet gauge
- Circular needles to meet gauge (suggested size: 5 mm/ US #8)
- If you don’t use magic loop: DPNs of the same size
- Circular needles 1 size smaller (4.5 mm / US #7)
- 2 stitch markers