- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Papyrus is a tubular “moebius” cowl, with a pretty two-colour stitch. Thanks to its double layer and the twist that keeps it from moving, it will keep you warm all winter long. Plus, its construction, part solid stockinette stitch and part fancy two-colour stitch, is perfect to let your creativity flow. In fact, the Ravelry page of the pattern is full of different interpretations of it! The stockinette part really is a blank canvas waiting to be customized: with two or more colours, stripes of different sizes… Some knitters even replace it with a lace stitch or a seedling of colorwork dots.
This cowl is a tubular one, knitted using two contrasting colours, lengthwise. It is then closed using a grafting so that the seaming stays invisible.
This listing is for the knitting pattern (pdf) of the Papyrus cowl (in French and in English).
- One size
- Final circumference: approx. 70cm/28’’
- Width: 20 cm
Note: you can easily adapt the length and/or the width by knitting more or less rows and/or stitches.
- 21 stitches x 24 rounds = 10 cm / 4’’, in Stockinette stitch in the round
Note: gauge is not crucial for this project. However, if yours is different, it will alter the final size of the project.
- Stockinette in the round
- Papyrus stitch in 2 colors (pattern repeat
over 10 sts.)
Yarn & Notions :
- 2 skeins of MCN DK by (Vi)laines (80% merino, 10% cashmere, 10% nylon – 212m / 100g) here shown in the «Mouse belly» and «Strolling in the calanques» colorways
- Circular needles necessary to get gauge (suggested size: 4.5 mm/US#7)
- Another needle of the same size for grafting
- 1 stitch marker
- Tapestry needle