- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Sigrid is a cuddly and comfy cardigan, that features a big shawl collar to protect you from the cold, all the while being light and airy if you knit it with a strand of mohair. Easy to wear with just about anything, this timeless basics is ont of the must-have of every wardrobe. Knit it in as many colour or type of yarn you want, solid or with stripes, maybe add a belt… This pattern begs to be customized. Actually, you can discover different versions on its Ravelry page!
This cardigan is knitted from the top down, without seams, with modified raglan sleeves designed to follow exactly the shapes of your shoulders. The pattern also features a defined waist, but you can easily skip the increases and decreases if you are looking for a more “boyfriend” style.
This listing is for the knitting pattern (pdf) of the Sigrid cardigan (available in French and English).
- XS-S-M1-M2 [L1-L2-XL-2XL-3XL] for a finished bust size of 86-91-96-100 [105-110-119-129-139] cm (recommanded ease: + 8 to + 15 cm)
- 20 sts and 29 rows =10 cm /4’’ in stockinette stitch
- Stockinette stitch: knitted flat and in the round
- Cartridge Belt Rib Stitch, flat
Yarn & Notions:
- 4-4-5-5 [5-5-6-6-6] skeins of Baby Alpaca by BC Garn (100% baby alpaca, 250 m/50 g), col. 101 and 5-5-6-6 [6-6-7-7-7] balls of Silky Kid by Kremke Soul Wool (72% mohair – 28% silk, 210 m/25 g) col. 01 (both are knitted together) or about 950-1000-1100-1150 [1200-1250-1300-1350-1400] meters of any other light fingering or fingering weight yarn and of a lace weight yarn (one strand of each) to meet gauge
• Circular needles to meet gauge (suggested size: 4.5 mm/US #7)
• 8 stitch markers
• Some scrap yarn or spare cables to put stitches on hold
• Tapestry needle