- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Oh Bello !
Oh Bello is a comfortable cardigan, beautifully tailored and with wonderful details. Stripes of different sizes keep it from being boring. You can change their number, size and, of course, colours, to customize the cardigan and make it your own. And if stripes are not your cup of tea, why not keep them hidden in the pockets and simply use a contrasting colour for the hem? Actually, if you take a look at the Ravelry page of the pattern, you will find a lot of different versions of this beautiful basic cardigan…
This cardigan is knitted from the top down, without seaming (except for the pockets) and without short rows. You will first knit the beginning of the back, before picking up stitches at the shoulders to knit down the two half fronts. Then, you will pick up stitches on the sleeve caps and begin to knit the sleeves together with the rest of the body.
The body of the cardigan has been designed without shaping, like a “boyfriend cardigan”. However, you will find in the pattern advices to choose a different ease depending on the style you actually want. You will also find two types of button band, to create a more or less deep V-neck.
This listing is for the knitting pattern (pdf) of the woman cardigan Oh Bello ! (in French and in English).
- XS-S-M [L1-L2-XL-2XL-3XL] for a bust size of 88-93-98 [103-108-115-122-130 cm] / 34.75″-36.5″-38.5″ [40.5″-42.5″-45.75″-47.75″-51.25’’] on the finished cardigan (designed to be worn with 5 to 10cm /2 to 5’’ positive ease)
Note : you will find a complete measurement chart and advices to choose the right size on the last page of the pattern.
- 24 stitches and 30 rows = 10 cm/4’’ of stockinette stitch, with the larger needles
- Stockinette stitch flat and in the round
- 1/1 rib
Yarn & Notions:
- 3-3-3 [4-4-4-4-4] skeins of Bello by The Plucky Knitter (55% merino, 45% cashmere – 347 m / 100g) in the Snap Out Of It colorway (MC) and 1 skein in the Social Graces colorway (CC), or 910-970-1040 [1100-1160-1240-1320-1400] m/ 995-1061-1137 [1203-1269-1356-1444-1531] yds for the main colour and 210-220-230 [250-260-280-300-315] m / 230-241-252 [273-284-306-328-344] yds of a contrasting colour of any other fingering to sport yarn to get gauge
- Circular needles to get gauge (suggested size: 3.5 mm/US #4).
- Circular needles, one size smaller (suggested size: 3 mm/US# 21/2)
- If you don’t use the magic loop technique: a set of dpn or a short circular, in the larger size
- Stitch holders or spare needle cables
- 5 buttons (approx. 1/2’’).
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle