- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Laine Magazine – 52 Weeks of Shawls
18 in stock
Rumor in the knitosphere says that you can never have enough shawls… To try and make it lie, Laine Magazine offers you a book: 52 Weeks of Shawls !
Just like the celebrated 52 Weeks of Socks, you will find in this book 52 patterns of shawls and cowls (including 2 crochet patterns) to knit using your favourite yarns. These patterns have been created by designers from the whole world, each one of them bringing their own personal touch. Actually, this collection is really an exhaustive view of what makes today’s knitting world!
Well-known names such as Hanna Maciejewska, Jeanette Sloan, Paula Pereira, Susanne Sommer, Stephen West or Stephanie Earp have contributed to this book. But you will also discover some designers that are maybe less known, yet that are also really talented!
The wide range of patterns that are offered will let you choose your next project according to your mood. In need of a challenge? Try a new technique! Want to knitflix? There is also something for you here. And all are featured through beautiful photos, with this recognizable aesthetic specific to the Laine publications.
What you need to know about this book:
- 52 modern shawls and cowls patterns (including 2 crochet patterns) created by 50 designers from the whole world
- A large variety of shapes, textures and styles
- Beautiful illustrations that make this book a real treat to read
- Complete list of the designers: Stella Ackroyd, Andrea Aho, Fiona Alice, Natalya Berezynska, Rebekah Berkompas, Lærke Bisschop-Larsen, Sveina Björk Jóhannesdóttir, Rachel Brockman, Aleks Byrd, Susan Chin, Valentina Cosciani-Tibisay, Evgeniya Dupliy, Stephanie Earp, Marion Em, Frida Franckie, Katya Gorbacheva, Samantha Guerin, Joanna Herriott, Sarah Heymann, Jonna Hietala, Erin Jensen, Anna Johanna, Malia Mae Joseph, Susanna Kaartinen, Pauliina Karru, Linda Lencovic, Marjut Lund-Rahkola, Lotta H Löthgren, Hanna Maciejewska, Aude Martin, Mariya Matveeva, Helen Mawdsley, Faïza Mebazaa, Kathryn Merrick, Tif Neilan, Hanne Kær Pedersen, Paula Pereira, Claudia Quintanilla, Lucía Ruiz de Aguirre, Nataliya Sinelshchikova, Jeanette Sloan, Elena Solies Jansà, Susanne Sommer, Anna Strandberg, Niina Tanskanen, Mari Tobita, Miriam Walchshäusl, Lauren Wallis, Claire Walls, Stephen West
- Written in English only
- 272 pages
- Hard-cover, woven, with banner and ribbon place marker
- Print only (no digital download code available)
- Printed in Latvia
- Weight: 1100 g
- Dimensions: 28 x 22 x 3 cm
- ISBN: 978-952-69388-9-9
With the book 52 Weeks of Shawls, Laine gives you an almost endless source of inspiration for the years to come. Leafing through this book will bring the need to get your most precious skeins of yarn and grab your needles immediately! And of course to live your life wrapped in a perpetual cloud of softness. For, really, is there a thing like “enough shawls”?