- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Laine Magazine – Strands of Joy
2 in stock
If a book title can say in three words what knitting is for the most addicted of us, it’s this one! Indeed, Strands of Joy, published by Laine Magazine, is quite a good summary of what knitting is all about, isn’t it?
For this book, the publisher worked with a Finnish designer, Anna Johanna. An ex-statistician, today Anna spends her days creating knitting patterns. Mostly, her style can be described as romantic, and is characterized by the use of texture and colour, with a specific attention to details. If you don’t know her work yet, you can discover it via Ravelry or her blog.
Inside this book, you will find 19 garment and 1 hat patterns. Most of them can be worn both by men and women. And if you like to knit some duos, one of the sweaters is also adapted for children!
All the patterns feature a beautiful colourwork motif, some easier to follow than others. All-over, on the yoke or a border, or bands, there is something for everyone! And also the possibility to choose a pattern according to your knitting level (or brain disponibility) and to improve your skills.
What you need to know about this book:
- 20 colourwork patterns, featuring a hat, a children sweater, a dress and several adult sweaters and cardigans, some suitable both for men and women
- several degrees of difficulty, perfect to improve your skills in this particular type of projects
- gradation includes 9 to 12 sizes for each sweater and cardigan pattern (with a maximum bust size of at least 158,5cm)
- all the sweaters and cardigans are knitted top down, without seaming
- 176 pages
- patrons et texte en anglais uniquement
- printed only (no downloading code)
With this aesthetic specific to the books published by Laine Magazine, Strands of Joy is really aptly named. Actually, just looking through it to choose your next project will be a real pleasure!