- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
With its 3/4 sleeves and delicate lace pattern, Melaine is the perfect cardigan to slip on a light spring dress, when the weather is still chilly, or to add a little bit of glam to the casual “jean’s – t-shirt” duo. Plus, its cropped length works with every style and every body shape. But if you would rather like a classical lenth, you can still knit it longer (just don’t forget to buy enough yarn). The Ravelry page of the pattern will show you how other knitters have made it their own!
This cardigan is knitted from the top to the bottom. You will begin with the top of the back. Then you will pick up and knit the stitches of the shoulders to knit the fronts and the sleeves. This way, you will be able to knit everything at the same time until you separate body and sleeves.
This listing is for the knitting pattern (pdf) of the Melaine cardigan (in French and in English).
- XS-S-M [L1-L2-XL-2XL-3XL] for a final bust size of 83-86-89 [95-99-107-111-119] cm (recommended ease: 0 to +5 cm)
- 25 stitches x 34 rows =10 x 10 cm in stockinette stitch, washed and blocked
- Stockinette stitch, flat and in the round
- Lace stitch
- Slipped rib, flat and in the round
Yarn & Notions:
- 2-2-2 [2-3-3-3-3] skeins or approx. 750-770-810 [860-960-1000-1090-1180] meters of Coreopsis by Graine de Laine (merino 65%, silk 20%, yak 15% – 480 m/120g), or of any other fingering yarn to meet gauge
- Circular needles to meet gauge (suggested size: 3.5 mm)
- If you don’t use the magic loop technique: mini-circular needles or dpns, same size as your main needles
- Circular needles one size smaller (suggested size: 3 mm)
- Stitch holders, some scrap yarn or spare cables to keep stitches on hold
- 8 buttons of approx. 15 mm (or the size of your choice)
- Stitch markers