- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Cumbria Worsted- The Fibre Co
To mark their move to England, Daphne, the founder, has developed this wool which evokes the atmosphere, the light so characteristic of the North West of the United Kingdom.
Cumbria is a worsted yarn in saturated colors, inspired by lakes and hills.
The brown thread of Masham sheep bred in England combined with the fine Mohair from Argentina ensures an ideal resistant, shiny and warm base.
These two fibers are then mixed with a South American merino to give the wool the softness and the touch, specific to The Fiber Co. wools.
Knits in Cumbria are perfect for crossings and long hikes through the hills and valleys populated by sheep or just for knitting your favorite sweater.
- Category: Worsted
- Length: 218 m / 238 yds for a skein of 100 g
- Composition: 60% merino wool, 30% masham wool and 10% mohair
- Gauge: 18–20 sts / 10 cm over 10 cm / 4 in
- Needles: 4-5 mm / 6-8 US / 8-6 UK
- Care: Wash gently by hand in lukewarm water (30 ° maximum), separating the colors.
- We recommend that you alternate the skeins during knitting in order to obtain a harmonious appearance.