- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Lil Shepherd is a shepherd-style vest knitted with bulky yarn, perfect for the beginners or last minute gifts. Indeed, with its garter stitch and big needles, it is ideal to learn new techniques without stress and knits up so quickly that you will be able to whip up a lovely gift in no time. Plus… look at that cuteness! It is even a good stash-buster, as you can add as many details as you want: a contrasting border or pompoms, or stripes or a little hood… And buttons, ribbons, wooden beads, anything that strikes your fancy in fact. Just take a look at its Ravelry page and see what others have done with it! And with its large range of sizes, you could even knit one both for you and your little ones.
This little vest is knitted from the bottom up, in one piece, without seams. The sleeves are grafted together using a three-needles bind-off.
This listing is for the knitting pattern (pdf) of the Lil Shepherd vest (in French and in English).
- [1-3-6-12] months – [2-4-6-8-10] years – [S-M-L]
- 12 sts and 24 rows = 10 cm/4’’ in garter stitch
- Garter Stitch
Yarn & Notions:
- [2-2-2-2] – [3-3-3-4-4] – [5-5-6] skeins or [120-140-160-200] – [230-260-290-320-370] – [480-510-570] m / [130-150-180-220] – [250-290-320-350-410] – [530-560-620] yds of Lil Weasel Big Lil (105 m/100 g) or any other bulky yarn that meets gauge
- Straight or circular needles to meet gauge (suggested size: 7 mm)
- Stitch holders
- Optional: a hook to make the ties or the button loops, buttons, pompom makers…