- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Madeline is the cutest little sweater, especially designed for the newborns and babies, that is closed up with a little belt. You will particularly appreciate this little detail when the time comes to change their diapers, which will be made much more easily. And if knitting a long and narrow strip does not appeal to you, you can replace it by a pretty ribbon. Another advantage: your little one will find this way more comfortable than something with buttons. Actually, the garter stitch itself makes it all soft and cuddly! And the delicate detail of the lace and its beautiful finishes also make it something precious… Baby clothes you will want to keep in a memory box, or to give to the next generation as an heirloom. The different interpretations on the Ravelry page of this pattern perfectly show that!
This listing is for the knitting pattern (en pdf) of the baby sweater Madeline (in French and in English).
- Preemie-Newborn/1 mth-3 mths-6 mths [12 mths-18 mths-24 mths]
- 25 stitches and 48 rows=10 cm/4’’ in garter stitch
- Garter stitch flat and in the round (optional)
Yarn & notions:
- 1-1-1-1 [2-2-2] skein(s) of Mérino d’Arles from Renaissance Dyeing (100% wool, 380 m/100 g) or approx. 250-280-320-360 [440-500-560] meters of fingering weight yarn to meet gauge
- Circular needles to meet gauge (suggested size:3 mm/US #2 1/2)
- 4 stitch markers