- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
[Tout] Petit Large
(Tout) Petit Large is a cute baby sweater inspired by the traditional sailor sweater. Timeless yet modern thanks to nice details such as textured elbow patches or an asymetrical buttoned neckline, you will love to knit this pattern! And it can be customized as you wish, with or without stripes, or using the textured stitch instead of a contrasting colour for example… Actually, you can find some really nice interpretations on the Ravelry page of the pattern!
(Tout) Petit Large is knitted from the bottom up, in one piece, without seams. Then you pick up stitches directly on the sleeves holes before shaping the shoulders using short rows.
A must-have for all the wee-little amateur sailors… but also for the bigger ones! Indeed, this pattern is the tiny version of the Grand Large and Petit Large. In fact, there is a 50% discount on this pattern if you already have bought one of the others, or if you add one of them in your cart at the same time (no code needed).
This listing is for a knitting pattern (pdf) for the (Tout) Petit Large baby sweater (in French and in English).
- 0/1-3 6-9-12-18 months, for a finished bust circumference of 20-22 24-26-27,5-
- 24 stitches and 32 rows = 4’’ in stockinette stitch in the round
Yarn & Notions:
- 50-60 70-90-110-130 gr or 180-210 250-320-390-450 meters of Alpaga yarn from La Droguerie (100% alpaca), here shown in colorway Brume and Moutarde de dijon (or any other fingering to sport weight yarn to get the correct gauge)
- Circular needles to get the correct gauge (suggested size:
- Circular needles, one size smaller
- If you don’t use magic loop: a set of DPNs or a small circular needle, same size
- 2 or 3 buttons
- Stitch markers