- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Joseph is a kid’s cardigan, both timeless with its double seed stitch and modern with its slightly asymetrical buttoning. Plus, its beautiful raglan opens on stockinette sleeves, which creates a good balance with the textured body. And as for its collar, it will keep the neck of your little explorers warm! Choose different yarns, for example a solid colour or a tweed, or different texture, like a smooth yarn or something more rustic, and you can knit a different one for every of their adventure. Actually, if you take a look at the Ravelry page of the pattern, you will find several dozens of them, a real source of inspiration!
This cardigan is knitted from the top down, in one piece, without seams.
This listing is for the knitting pattern (pdf) of the kid cardigan Joseph (in French and in English).
- 6 m-12 m-2 yrs-4 yrs 6 yrs-8 yrs-10 yrs-12 yrs
- 17 stitches and 28 rows = 10 cm in double seed stitch
- 19 stitches x 25 rows = 10 cm in stockinette stitch
- Double seed stitch worked flat
- Stockinette stitch worked flat and in the round
- 2/2 rib worked flat and in the round
Yarn & Notions:
- 4-5-6-7 8-9-10-11 balls of Mongolia 5 by Fonty (wool 85%, baby yack 15%, 90 m/50 g) or approx. 350-400-500-550 650-750-850-950 meters/ 380-440-490-600 710-820-930-1040 yds of any other worsted yarn to meet gauge
- Circular needles to meet gauge (suggested size: 5 mm/US#8)
- 8 stitch markers
- Scrap yarn or spare cables to put stitches on hold
- 5-5-6-6 6-8-8-8 buttons