- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Grande Fille Modèle
The same pattern as the children shrug but for women, Grande Fille Modèle is a pretty shrug, easy to knit and easy to wear. Its smart box pleat in the back gives it a certain elegance… But you can as easily slip it on with jeans and a t-shirt! Indeed, depending on the yarn you will choose to knit it with, it will find its place in your wardrobe. For example, with a luxurious or silky yarn, you will have a refined piece to add a little bit of warm to a party dress. Add a bit of mohair, and you will have a cosy cloud-like shrug to wear at home as well as at work. And if you choose a more casual yarn, or even one with a rustic feel, it will follow you in all your casual activities. Just take a look at the Ravelry page of the pattern to find some inspiration!
The shrug is knitted from the bottom up, in one piece, without seams. The pattern begins with a provisional cast-on, before working on the small of the back using short rows. The box pleat is created when you separate the body and sleeves. The front and the back are then knitted separately, before grafting the shoulders together with a three-needles bind off. Finally, you knit the sleeves in the round and end with a border using a pleated ribs stitch.
This listing is for the knitting pattern (pdf) of the Grande Fille Modèle shrug (in French and in English).
- XS – S – M – L – XL – 2 XL – 3 XL for a final bust size of 80-88-96-106-116-126-136 cm / 31,5-34,75-37,75-41,75-45,75-49,5-53,5’’
- 24 sts and 32 rows = 10 cm/4’’ in stockinette stitch, after blocking, with the larger needles
- Stockinette stich
- Pleated rib
Yarn & Notions:
- 550-600-650-750-800-900-1000 m / 600-660-710-820-880- 990-1090 yds of Primo Fingering by The Plucky Knitter (390 yds/100g) in the col. « Wink & a smile » (or any other fingering to sport yarn to get gauge)
- Circular needle to get gauge (suggested size: 3.5 mm/US #4)
- If you don’t use the magic loop technique: a set of DPNs in the same size to work the sleeves in the round and 1 DPN or another circular needle to work the boxed pleats
- Circular needles 0.5 mm smaller
- Crochet hook in the same size than the larger needle and scrap yarn for provisional cast-on
- 1 stitch marker
- Stitch holders