- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Winter In August
Winter In August is a reversible hat, designed in a wide range of sizes, that you can knit for the whole family. With its double sides, you can choose to wear either a striped hat or one with a beautiful set of twisted stitches. A single hat that can suit different moods or match different outfits! In fact, if you take a look at the Ravelry page of the pattern, maybe you can find inspiration to suit today’s mood or match today’s outfit 😉
This hat has been designed to be knitted with a fine yarn. However, you can easily adapt the pattern to almost any type of yarn or gauge thanks to the way it is worked. But if you change that, please note that the two yarns you will use should be of the same weight.
This listing is for the knitting pattern (pdf) of the Winter In August hat (in French and in English).
- Baby-Toddler-Child-Teen/Adult S-Adult M-Adult L for an approx. circumference of 40-43-48-52-54-57 cm, the pattern being easily adaptable thanks to its construction
- 28 sts and 40 rows = 10 cm/4’’ in stockinette stitch in the round, using the larger needles
Yarn & Notions:
- 2 skeins of Malabrigo Sock (here in Côte d’Azur for col. A and in Ravelry Red for col. B) or any other fingering yarn to meet gauge. Note that this pattern is easily adaptable to any kind of weight/gauge due to its construction, but both yarn need to be the same weight.
- Circular needles to meet gauge (suggested size: 3.25 mm/US#3)
- If you don’t use the magic loop, a set of DPNs of the same size
- Circular needles 1 size smaller (suggested size: 3 mm/US#2)
- 5 stitch markers, including one for the BOR