- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Malo is a cute all-terrain cardigan, perfect for the little explorers and aspiring sailors! Whatever their age, they will love its hood and pockets, made to keep all their treasures. But Julie has not forgotten you, who will knit it. Indeed, the beautiful finishes of this design make it a pleasure to knit, full of technical details that will keep you from being bored! Plus, you can easily adapt it to suit the tastes of the little ones, playing on the colours, the width of the stripes or even removing them entirely. If you take a look at the Ravelry page of the pattern, you will actually find inspiring ones!
The cardigan is knitted from the bottom to the top, with set-in sleeves worked with short rows, without any seams.
This listing is for the knitting pattern (pdf) of the Malo cardigan (in French and English).
- 1 year-2 yrs-4 yrs [6 yrs-8 yrs-10 yrs-12 yrs]
- 22 stitches and 30 rows=10 x 10 cm in stockinette stitch
- Stockinette stitch, flat and in the round
- 1/1 twisted rib
Yarn & Notions:
- 2-2-2 [3-3-4-4] skeins of Physalis by Graine de Laine (merino 100% – 250 m/100 g), for MC (here shown in «Ciel d’Orage») and 1-1-1 [1-2-2-2] skein of CC, (here shown in «Petit Matin Givré») or approx. 350-400-450 [500-600-700-800] meters for MC and 130-150-200 [250-300-350-400] meters for CC of any other «Sport» or « DK » yarn that gives you the right gauge
- Circular needles to meet gauge (suggested size: 4 mm)
- If you don’t use the magic loop: mini-circular needles or dpns, same size as your main needles
- Stitch holders, some scrap yarn or spare cables to keep stitches on hold
- Stitch markers
- 6-6-6 [6-8-8-8] buttons