- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Soften is a large semi-circular and asymetrical shawl. Knitted using two yarns of different weight, it is made of alternate stockinette stitch and star stitch lace bands. Its edge naturally rolls softly, which gives it a casual and cozy look. Specifically designed to use 30 grams mini-skeins, you can also create the contrast between the bands using a bigger skein in fading colours. Or simply a contrasting colour, or, why not, different yarn textures… You will find several examples on the Ravelry page of the pattern that will make your creative juices flow!
This shawl is knitted from the bottom up.
This listing is for the knitting pattern (pdf) of the Soften shawl (in French and in English).
- 200cm / 80″wide x 55cm / 22″ deep after blocking
- 15 stitches x 28 rows = 10cm / 4″ in lace blocked stockinette stitch, using the sport yarn
Note: gauge is not crucial for this pattern. However, if yours is different, please note that the final size of the shawl and the amount of yarn needed to knit it will be different too!
Yarn & Notions:
- 1 skein of Orange Flower MCS Sport (75% merino, 15% cashmere, 10% silk – approx. 362m/100g), or approx. 360m of sport weight yarn for main colour
- 5 mini skeins (30gr) of Orange Flower 5050 fingering (50% merino, 50% silk – approx. 118m/ 30g) or approx. 400m of fingering weight yarn for contrasting colour
- Circular needles to get gauge (suggested size: 5 mm/US #8)
- Stitch markers