- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Sur Un Nuage
Sur Un Nuage (meaning “on a cloud” in French) is the epitome of the cuddly sweater, that you can also wear as a cardigan. Feminine in spite of its apparent simplicity, its pretty back with a low neckline and buttons lends it a certain je ne sais quoi, kind of a casual sensuality. You will love wearing it so much that you will not be able to put on anything else this winter! All the more because it can match almost any other item of your wardrobe. Whether you want to wear it with your favourite pair of jeans to chill in the sofa, or with a pencil skirt and heels for your next work meeting, it will rise up to any occasion. Actually, if you take a look at the Ravelry page of the pattern, you will find thousands of inspirating projects…
The sweater is knitted in several steps. You will begin with the top of the front. Then you will pick up and knit stitches on the shoulders, to knit the two back pieces before joining front and back and knit the body. Once it is done, you pick up and knit stitches for the sleeves.
This listing is for the knitting pattern (pdf) of the sweater / cardigan Sur Un Nuage (in French and in English).
- XS-S-M [L1-L2-XL-2XL-3XL] for a finished bust size of 105-109-114 [120-133-137-149-158] cm (intended to be worn with a lot of positive ease, +20 to +25 cm, so please choose the size accordingly)
- 19 stitches and 24 rows = 10 cm/4’’ in stockinette stitch, with yarn held double
- Stockinette stitch flat and in the round
- Slipped stitch rib flat and in the round
Yarn & Notions:
- 5-5-5 [5-5-6-6-6] balls or 850-870-910 [960-1050-1090-1200-1220] m of Flora by Garnstudio Drops (65% wool, 35% alpaca, 210 m/50 g, here shown in 19-Coral) and 6-6-7 [7-8-8-8-9] balls or 790-820-860 [900-990-1030-1120-1140] m of Brushed Alpaca Silk by Garnstudio Drops (77% alpaca, 23% silk, 140 m/25 g, here shown in 06-Coral), both yarn are held together (or any other yarn or yarn combination that meet gauge)
- Circular needles to meet gauge (suggested size: 4.5 mm/US#7).
- If you don’t use the magic loop technique: matching DPNs or small circular needles for the sleeves
- Yarn scraps, stitch holders or spare cables to put stitches on hold
- 7 buttons of approx. 15 mm (or your desired size)
- 2 stitch markers