- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Red Blush is a light-weight and airy top, simple with pretty details. Its deep V-neck, discrete fitting as well as the smock pleats that falls just right on the hips make it a very feminine piece, all the while being easy to wear every day. A good basics, to knit using different yarns or colours, with ou without sleeves! Actually, you can find inspiration on the pattern’s Ravelry page 😉
This top is knitted from the top to the bottom. You first cast-on the back stitches, and shape the shoulders using short rows. Then you pick up and knit stitches on each shoulder to shape the front and the sleeves. This way, you can work the whole garment in one piece until you separate body and sleeves.
Note: this pattern contains instructions to work short or long sleeves.
This listing is for a knitting pattern (pdf) only (languages: French and English).
- 34-36-38 [40-42-44-46-48] (50-52-54-56-58) for a chest measurement of 82-85-89 [92-99-105-108-116] ( 125-130-135-142-156) cm on the finished work (recommended ease: 0 to +4 cm)
- 20 stitches x 28 rows = 10 x 10 cm in stockinette stitch, washed and blocked
- Stockinette stitch, flat and in the round
Yarn & Notions:
- 2-2-3 [3-3-3-4-4] (4-4-5-5-5) balls of color 1 (Coral) and 2-2-3 [3-3-3-4- 4] (4-4-5-5-5) balls of color 2 (Ruby Grapefruit) of CowgirlBlues Kidsilk (70% kid mohair / 30% silk – 205 m / 25 g), both yarn are held together, or about 780-820-900 [1000-1100-1200-1300-1400] (1500-1600-1700-1800-1900)m of each yarn, or of any other yarns that give you the right gauge
- Circular needles to obtain the right gauge (suggested size: 4.5 mm)
- If you are not using the magic loop technique: mini-circular needless or a set of 5 dpn the same size as your circular needle.
- Circular needles 0.5 mm smaller than your main size (suggested size: 4 mm)
- Circular needles 1.5 mm smaller than your main size (suggested size: 3 mm)
- Cables or waste yarn to put stitches on hold
- 5 stitch markers (including 1 to indicate your BOR)
- 1 cable needle