- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Ulysse is a cute set made of a baby cardigan and its matching hat. The simple cables on its yoke create a geometrical pattern on the top of the body and are also featured on the hat. Choose a warm or lighter yarn, knit the cardi with or without the hat, and it will keep your baby cozy all year round! And you can easily customize both pieces of the set by adding a pompom to the hat or original little buttons on the cardigan. You can in fact find some beautiful versions of this pattern on its Ravelry page.
The cardigan is worked in one piece, from top to bottom, without seams.
This listing is for the knitting pattern (pdf) of the Ulysse cardigan and hat set (in French and in English).
- 1 month-3 months-6 months 1 year-2 years
- 22 stitches and 32 rows = 10 cm/4’’ in stockinette stitch.
- Stockinette stitch flat and in the round
- Right and left cable stitches
- 2/1 and 2/2 ribs
Yarn & Notions:
- 2-2-2 2-2 skeins of Merisport by Madelaine and Filibert (100% SW merino, 262 m/100 g), col. Rome or approx. 280-320-380 420-480 m of any other sport weight yarn to meet gauge.
- Circular needles to meet gauge (suggested size: 4 mm/US #6)
- Circular needles 1 size smaller (suggested size: 3.5 mm/US #4)
- 1 stitch marker
- Scrap yarn or spare cables to leave stitches on hold
- 5-5-5 7-7 buttons