- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
WYS – Christmas Socks Yarn
8.50€ – 34.00€
Winter is coming! And with it, at least in our hemisphere, comes Christmas… and the return of West Yorkshire Spinners special sock yarn!
Well-known by all the sock addicts, the Signature yarn is a must-have. With its 35% of BFL, it is indeed very soft and pleasant to wear. Plus, it is quite resistant and gives beautiful socks that last a looooong time. And can we talk about the colour palette of the brand, that can meet your fanciest knitting desires?
And talking about fancy… For the last few years, WYS has offered Christmas themed yarns, with shades and names reminiscent of this joyful period:
- Candy Cane, the iconic one, a self-striping red, white and green yarn, just like a candy cane nestled in a tree ;
- Holly Berry, with its beautiful shades of green and touch of red on a snowy white ;
- Robin, to celebrate the pretty little birds that leave their small prints in the snow ;
- Fairy Lights, a glittery one, that makes us think of the garlands we put in our Christmas tree ;
- Silent Night, another glittery one, with its deep shades of blue, beautifully inspired by a peaceful starry night.
We cannot speak for you, but here, when we received our shipment, we could not wait to put a bit of holiday spirit on our needles!
Note: you can buy each colorway on its own, or you can buy the five of them as a bundle and save 20% on your purchase. A good idea if you have several gifts to knit 😉
What you need to know about this yarn:
- Weight: Fingering
- Composition: 75% wool, 23% nylon, 2% polyester for the Fairy Lights and Silent Night shades ; 75% wool and 25% nylon for the others
- 400 meters / 100 grams per ball
- Available in 5 shades
- Needles: 2.25 mm – 3.25 mm
- Gauge: 28 stitches x 36 rows = 10 cm using 3.25 mm needles
- Handwash or up to 30°C in your washing machine, on a wool or delicate program
West Yorkshire Spinners’ sock yarn is a stash staple for many sock knitters, and we have been waiting for their Christmas serie! Indeed, do you know a better way for us, knitters, to put ourselves in a holiday mood than by creating pretty socks? Well… maybe the pleasure to give them or wear them on the d-day!
If you need a pattern to follow, WYS has several of them to download for free on their website. No need to subscribe to anything, you just have to click on a link to get the pdf. We love the Holly Berry one (here), and the delicate lace of the Silent Night one (here), but the Robin and the Fairy Lights are quite pretty too (here and here), and the Candy Cane (here) is simply a must-have!
You are a sock knitting newbie? Our own pattern, Suzette, with its detailed how-to, is what you need. You just have to follow it, and the yarn will work its magic!