Oh Bello !
This confortable and full of lovely details cardigan is knitted from the top down, seamless (except for pockets) and short row-less, with a nice tailored shape.
You will start knitting on the back, leave on hold and pick up stitches on shoulders for fronts and then for sleeve caps so you’ll be able to knit all the pieces at the same time!
Stripes of differents width will spice up this good basic, just like pockets (with stripes inside!), and contrasted hems. Don’t hesitate to customize the number, size or colors of the stripes to get your own unique and personal cardigan!
It has quite a straight shaping, boyfriend-ish, but advices are given to help you make a more shaped version.
It is also available in 2 versions, high (starting right after the underarms) or low buttonband, you’ll choose your prefered version (2 different files).
for a finished bust size of 88-93-98 103-108-115-122-130 cm / 343/4-361/2-381/2401/2-421/2-451/4-473/4-511/4’’ with a positive ease of 5 to 10cm/2 to 5’’)
(see the finished measurements chart and advices to choose your size and customize it on the last page)
24 stitches and 30 rows = 10 cm/4’’ of stockinette stitch, with the larger needles.
Stockinette stitch flat and in the round.
Yarn & Notions:
- 3-3-3 4-4-4-4-4 skeins or 910-970-1040 [1100-1160-1240-1320-1400] m/ 995-1061-1137 [1203-1269-1356-1444-1531] yds in the colorway Snap Out Of It for main color and 1 skein or 210-220-230 [250-260-280-300-315] m / 230-241-252 [273-284-306-328-344] yds in the colorway Social Graces for the contrasting color of The Plucky Knitter Bello, (or any other fingering to sport yarn to get gauge).
- Circular needles to get gauge (size suggested: 3.5 mm/US #4).
- Circular needles, one size smaller (sugg. 3 mm/US# 21/2)
- If you don’t use the magic loop, a set of dpn or a short circular, in the larger size.
- Stitch holders (or, even better, more circulars needles)
- 5 buttons (approx. 1/2’’).
- Stitch markers.
- Tapestry needle.