- Yarn weight
- Kits & boxes
Regia – 4-ply Countrylife and Denim
Looking for a high quality sock yarn with easy-to-wear colours? Schachenmayr Regia’s 4-ply Countrylife and Denim ranges might interest you!
Schachenmayr Regia is indeed a safe bet when it comes to sock yarn, and the 4-ply (or 4-fädig) is their reference. Well-known for its sturdiness and durability, this yarn is spun with 4 strands of wool and polyamid, and is a must-have of every sock knitter’s stash!
Plus, their range of colours is very large, with something for nearly everybody. We have selected some of them, in shades that are quite neutral and easy-to-wear:
- the Sage, Vermont, Cardamom and Stable colours, from the Countrylife range: autumnal shades, that develop in faded stripes;
- the Blue Jeans and Polar Night colours from the We Love Denim collection. The first one is a blend of blues and greys that feels like jeans. The second uses the same shades, but this time in stripes.
Then it is up to you to choose a pattern that will show them off… Whether you go for a simple stockinette stitch or a textured one, you will end up with either very classic or very original socks!
What you need to know about this yarn:
- Weight: Light Fingering
- Composition: 75% wool – 25% polyamid
- 420 meters / 100 grams per ball (one is enough to knit an adult size pair of socks)
- Available in 6 shades
- Needles: 2 to 3 mm
- Gauge: 30 stitchs x 42 rows = 10 cm
- Machine washable up to 40°C
A must-have in the sock yarn department, Schachenmayr Regia’s 4-ply also becomes a timeless yarn with their Countrylife and Denim collections. Just what you need for durable socks! But if those colours are too classical for your taste, the brand also makes some fun other yarns. Want a proof? Look at their Tutti Frutti Cotton collection, with their fresh and sunny stripes. And why not splurge for both? Some pairs of socks for the coldest autumn days, and some for the warmest spring ones? 😉
Tempted, but not sure about the result? The Ravelry page of this yarn will help you find some examples of it once knitted. Always a good way to see what it looks like!